Monday, August 20, 2012

My favourite Etsy stores


There are so many treasures to be found on Etsy, and I must say every person I have dealt with on the handmade website dealership have been so exceptionally lovely! Whenever I see something I like I flag for later - here is my current favourites list:


1) notTuesday necklaces
I saw one of these chunky bead necklaces in a store, went back for it and it was gone! So I tracked them down to an Etsy store and managed to have Rachel make a custom colour design for me - don't you just love Etsy?!




notTuesday is an Australia brand by Rachel Wightman.  Each piece is handmade from polymer clay so no two items are the same (and small imperfections likely).




These necklaces cost $45 and postage is $5 within Australia.  Visit notTuesday at http://www.etsy.com/shop/notTuesday?ref=top_trail.

2) Cinnamonink nursery art for kids
I purchased this cute picture for my daughter for her 2nd birthday - isn't it sweet?!


I also bought one for my little niece and customised to have her name on it which turned out beautifully.



Not only is this artwork very cute but it is reasonably priced, even with postage from the States.  It is able to be customised with colour, titles, or sayings. The artworks are between US$12-30, customisation is US$5 and postage is around US$7 and US$1 extra for additional purchases. Visit Kate at Cinnamonink at http://www.etsy.com/shop/CinnamonInk?ref=top_trail.

3) Trafalgar Square
Another print store for Kids Art with some cute nursery prints.  The prints range from US$10-$20 with US$5 postage cost.







The store also sells book plates (US$8 for 15) and greeting cards (US$10 for 4 with envelopes).




4) One Black Sheep
There are many lovely things in this store, mainly homemade stamps and nice artworks.  It is an Australian store so postage is reasonable.

This cute stamp is $25, and postage is $10 within Australia.


I love water colour and ink prints too.  This one is called the corner store which is from a series commissioned by SBS Foodie Guide.  It is $15 for a print, and $3 postage.




5) Trinkets by Dana
I love all things paper, and especially these little origami stars. I bought some from this store (although must admit I havent actually used them for anything major as yet!)




The buttons are cute too!  If only I were creative enough to do something inventive with them!



Prices are small at US$12 for 100 origami stars plus US$5.50 postage to Australia.  Visit Dana at http://www.etsy.com/shop/trinketsbydana.

6) Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard
I haven't purchased from this store but saw some interesting things.  The paper garlands are very cool (I'm such a sucker for paper products!) and pretty cheap at US$7 plus US$3.50 postage to Australia.



I really like these letters too, although they are quite expensive at around US$50.




7) In the Clear
I haven't purchased from this store but love the "all things packaging" products!

I like these traditional sweet shop bags - 25 for US$3.95.  The size is 5 x 7 inch.



 Here are some mini shipping tags (1.3 x 2.75 inch).  They cost US$9.95 for 80 mini tags.


Shipping is around US$5 with additional purchases at cheaper rates.  Visit the store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/InTheClear?ref=top_trail.

8)  Tailorbirds

This is a great idea from a Belgium site.  You send your child's artwork and they turn it into fabric!  Cool as!  Pricing starts from A$25 for a simple design, plus postage which is A$6.50. 





The turnaround time is 1-2 weeks and then of course shipping from Belgium is likely to take a bit of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment