Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gifts for 4 year olds

Here are a few ideas that hit the mark for our 4 year old and her friends:

1)  Dress ups
Yes dress ups are still fun and having some extras on hand are great for when friends pop around for a play... it seems the first thing they do is get changed into something more fun! 




My girls like the princess dresses which you can pick up from K-Mart and Target for around $20-30.  The boys seem to like being a fireman or spiderman.



2)  Sticky mosaics
Craft is really popular for this age group and they are becoming old enough to do more interesting and complicated things like these mosaic pictures.





My little girl loved doing these and they are quite educational also as it is a stick-by-numbers idea.  These are also available at K-Mart (our new favourite shop!) for around $15 or less.


3) V-Tech Laptop

I am letting you in on a big secret here!  If you price this item in one of the fancy toystores they will tell you its worth $70.  However venture down to our favourite shop and it is selling for $30;  in fact I bought one on sale for $25!!  K-Mart we love you!


4)  Musical jewellery box


My little girl has been dreaming of one of these for years now. The problem is they are all so cheap and disgusting I think, and I am yet to find one that is pretty enough to display on her shelf.  I have noted the cheaper and tackier it is the more she loves it!!  She wants to buy one of these for all her friends, which of course I refuse as I like to buy gifts I feel happy about receiving! Anyway I have included as an idea even though it is something I would begrudgingly buy.










No comments:

Post a Comment